Dill pickle salads, tik tok crispy wraps, and maple everything is currently trending all over social media. My two favourite flavours are dill and maple, so developing a dressing combining the two was a must for 2021.
For this recipe I use the dressing as a drizzle on a pan seared crispy chicken wrap. BUT you could also use it on salads, as a chip or veggie dip, on nachos, the sky is the limit!! The wrap is also interchangeable to your favourite proteins, cheeses, and vegetables. Have fun with this one and remember there is no such thing as too much dressing.
- 1 wholegrain wrap
- Greens of choice ( boston lettuce is featured here)
- 1 diced dill pickle
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1Tbsp Butter
- Protein choice (cooked salmon or crispy chicken is suggested)
* Air fryer panko crusted chicken strips are used in this recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon or Grainy Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Dill (3+Tbsp if yours fresh dill)
- 2 Tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place all toppings in the four quadrants of the wrap. You can mix and match. Using a sharp knife make a small slice from the center of the wrap to the bottom. This will allow you to fold your wrap in four after you drizzle the dressing.
- Whisk mayonnaise, maple syrup, mustard, garlic powder, dried dill, dill pickle juice, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Keep remaining dressing refrigerated.
- Melt butter in medium heat frying pan until it bubbles. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on all of your toppings. Fold wrap starting with the bottom left section folding up, then fold to the right , then back down again.
You will be left with a deliciously layered triangle shaped wrap. Place wrap in pan and sear both sides until lightly browned and crispy.
Michelle Stoddart, Port City Delicious
My journey to social media and restaurant and brand photography just happened organically. Ive been behind the scenes of the service industry for so many years it just made sense to turn my love for food, creativity, and the Maritimes into a career. I have a passion for local business, local craftsmanship, and all things locally sourced.